- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Black Garlic Ice Cream with Walnuts
I read many things about black garlic's sweet taste, gummy texture and even health benefits. I was very intrigued. So when I found a pack of black garlic at Central Market and bought it because I had to try it.
When others tried this black garlic ice cream they thought it tasted like chocolate ice cream with a hint of coffee. It has an interesting and unique taste.
- 5 cloves black garlic
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 pint heavy cream
- 1 quart half and half
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup white sugar
Have you tried it?
- Put the milk and black garlic cloves into the food processor and process on high for about 5 minutes or until the garlic is completely chopped up.
- Add the remaining ingredients except the walnuts and process on high for another 2 minutes
- Chill mixture in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture into your ice cream maker and follow the directions for your ice cream maker.
- After the ice cream is finished add your chopped walnuts. Mix the nuts into the ice cream.