- Food and Cooking
Bloomin' Brilliant Brownies
Easy to do but the result is breathtaking!
I was never much into baking when I first tried this recipe. I hate precise quantities. I've been cooking for years and I never exactly measure my ingredients but they always turn out to be sumptuous. In baking, you have to determine accurate degree of everything to get the best results.
However when I saw this recipe from one of my most favorite chefs, Jamie Oliver, I could not resist the urge to try it.
I was never into sweets nor desserts too. I am more of the meat-lover person. Yet I tried this recipe because my family loves desserts. When I first tasted it, it crafted me to love chocolates. Yes, I know it sounds exaggerated but this is really a breathtaking recipe.
- 1 bar butter, unsalted
- 200g dark chocolate bar, broken up
- 1/2- 1 cup nuts: I used walnuts and almonds, (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped cherries, (optional)
- 80g / 12-14 tbps cocoa powder, sifted
- 65 g / about 10 tbsps plain flour, sifted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 360g caster sugar
- 4 large eggs, organic
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F/gas 4. Line a 25cm square baking tin with greaseproof paper.
- Simmer water in a large pan then put on a smaller pan with your butter and chocolate on it to melt and mix until smooth.
- Add the cherries and nuts if you're using them and stir together.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the cocoa powder, flour, baking powder and sugar, then add this to the chocolate, cherry and nut mixture. Stir together well.
- Beat the eggs and mix it until you have a silky consistency.
- Pour your brownie mix into the baking tray, and place in the oven for around 25 minutes or LESS! You don't want to overcook them.
I never fail to bake these on special occasions like family birthdays or gatherings. Once and for all, visitors would compliment and ask for the recipe. I feel good when people compliment about the food I prepared, cooked or baked.
This is definitely my most favorite recipe.
|Serving size: 1 square|
|Calories from Fat||108|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 12 g||18%|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Fiber 1 g||4%|
|Cholesterol 60 mg||20%|
|Sodium 40 mg||2%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
What do you think of this recipe?
This work is ©
Registration number: PS4U-JM3X-DG85-AGO2