- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes»
- Cookies & Biscuits
Blue Chocolate Chip Cookies from Percy Jackson: The Lightning Thief
It was chocolate-chip cookies. Liquid cookies. And not just any cookies—my mom's homemade blue chocolate-chip cookies, butter and hot, with the chips still melting.
The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians) ,Rick Riordan
Percy Jackson and I, we have one really important thing in common. We love blue cookies. The series of incredible adventures of the demigod boy are fantastic. But they are much more better with a blue cookie in your hand. Now I`m going to present you one really quick and easy recipe for my favorite blue food - the blue chocolate chips cookies.
- Prep time: 15 min
- Cook time: 15 min
- Ready in: 30 min
- Yields: 35 cookies
Ingredients for Blue Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 125 gr cream cheese
- 60 gr butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg white
- chocolate chips, dark or white
- food coloring, blue of course
Step-by-step Blue Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Beat the egg white until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients - powdered sugar and the flour.
- After that add the melted butter and the cream cheese. Beat until creamy.
- And it is time for the most important ingredients. Add the chocolate chips and the blue food coloring.
- Using two spoons place a circles from the mixture in a baking tray into which is placed baking paper.
- Preheat your oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
- Bake them for 10-15 minutes.
How did you find this recipe? Please rate:
My special tips and hints
Use only the egg`s white part, because if you add the whole egg, the yellow color of the yolk will make the cookies look green not blue.
Keep in mind that cookies are always spilling a little bit and it is better to have enough space between them while baking.
I can recommend you the food coloring product below because I used it a couple of times and as you can see from the pictures, the blue color is really incredible.