Blueberry Breakfast Bars (GF)
Rate this recipe!
About This Recipe
I was looking for an easy breakfast recipe to grab on the go. I found something similar, but I had to modify a bunch of the ingredients to maintain my gluten-free status. I enjoy eating this for breakfast, I just make sure to bring a fork or spoon. The recipe is delicious, but it doesn't hold together as well as a regular breakfast bar, so if anyone has any ideas for stronger binding agents, feel free to leave some input!!
Blueberry Breakfast Bars
- Pam, To grease the pan
- 3/4 Cup Gluten-free all purpose flour
- 1 1/8 Teaspoons Gluten-free baking powder
- 1/8 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup Simply Elizabeth granola
- 3 1/2 Cups Glutino Corn Rice Flakes - Sensible Beginnings, Crumbled
- 1/2 Cup Slivered Almonds
- 1 1/2 Cups Blueberries
- 1/3 Cup + 1 Tablespoon Dairy-free soy spread
- 1/3 Cup + 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 1 Egg, Beaten
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 11 x 7 inch rectangular baking pan with Pam cooking spray. Line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, and salt into a mixing bowl. Add the granola, corn rice flakes, almonds, and blueberries to the bowl, and mix together.
- Place the soy spread and honey in a saucepan and melt over low heat, then stir it into the dry ingredients along with the egg.
- Spread the batter in the pan, and smooth it with a spatula. Bake in the over for 25-30 minutes, until it is golden brown and firm.
- Let the bars cool in the pan for about 15 minutes, then cut it into 12 bars. Once this is done, transfer to a wire rack for cooling. Once fully cooled, keep these in the refrigerator.