Blueberry Walnut Bread
- a small, medium, and large mixing bowl
- a 9"x5"x3" loaf pan
- a wooden spoon
- a wire rack
- plastic cling wrap
- To toast the chopped walnuts; spread them out in a single layer in a shallow baking pan. Bake the nuts at 350 degrees Farenheit for about 7 minutes (or until they are golden brown). Stir once midway through baking.
- Do not over-mix the batter while completing step 3. It is normal for your batter to be lumpy. Over-mixing can result in the loaf having tunnels and a rough texture.
- If you have any leftover batter use it to make a few Blueberry Nut Muffins.
- Check out some more delicious recipes here on HubPages!
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted (see quick tips to the right)
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely shredded lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, and grease your 9"x5"x3" loaf pan. Set the greased pan to the side.
- In a small bowl mix together the dry blueberries and 1/4 cup of boiling water. Cover the bowl, and let it sit at room temperature for 10 minutes before draining any remaining water from the bowl. In the meantime mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, shredded lemon peel, and salt together in a large bowl. Form a well in the center of this mixture, and set the bowl to the side.
- In your medium bowl mix the beaten egg, milk, and cooking oil together. Pour this egg mixture into the flour mixture, and stir just until moistened.
- Fold the blueberries and toasted walnuts into the batter.
- Use a wooden spoon to fill your prepared loaf pan 2/3 full with the batter.
- Bake your Blueberry Walnut Bread in the preheated oven for 60 to 70 minutes. Check the loaf by sticking a toothpick into it near the center. If the toothpick comes out clean your bread is done.
- Let your Blueberry Nut Bread cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Wrap your loaf with plastic wrap, and store it overnight prior to slicing it. Enjoy!
|Serving size: 1 slice|
|Calories from Fat||72|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 8 g||12%|
|Saturated fat 1 g||5%|
|Unsaturated fat 7 g|
|Carbohydrates 35 g||12%|
|Fiber 1 g||4%|
|Protein 5 g||10%|
|Cholesterol 17 mg||6%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|