- Food and Cooking»
- Cooking Ingredients
Easy Barbecue Sauce For Beef Ribs
Bob's Best BBQ Sauce
Well, barbecue season is definitely underway. We didn’t have a chance to grill this weekend, but I went ahead a whipped up a batch of my husband’s favorite barbecue sauce, just so we are ready for next weekend. This is a really simple barbecue sauce recipe, but my husband claims it is the best he has ever tasted. Of course, I made it with him in mind. It has just a bit of a “kick”, but not too much, so the kids also like it.
I know there are many good barbecue sauces on the market, but making my own just seems to give everything we grill a better flavor. If you have never tried your hand at making your own barbecue sauce, it is definitely something you should give a go. I have a great time in the kitchen just fooling around with different ingredients and flavors. Mind, not every try has been a great success, but that’s okay. If at first you don’t succeed just try adding some Frank’s Hot Sauce, which is the “secret" ingredient in this recipe.
- 2 cups ketchup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tablespoon onion salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons mustard powder
- 1/4 cup Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Wings Sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 cups cola
- Mix all ingredients together in heavy sauce pan. Bring to boil over medium heat. Immediately reduce heat to simmer. Gently simmer for 30 minutes, stirring frequently. May simmer longer for a thicker sauce.
- After cooling, sauce may be used right away or stored in the refrigerator. We like to brush this on our beef ribs just a few minutes before serving. I also like this sauce for chicken, as well. *Please note-I am not sure how long this sauce will keep, we have always used it up fairly quickly, within a week. I would think it would last for several weeks, but please use caution.