Boiled Egg with Sauteed Vegetables
Egg And Only Egg
Egg is healthy. Egg is tasty. Egg is easy to cook. Baking a cake? You need egg. You love omelette! It's an egg. Too lazy to cook - boil an egg.
Boiled egg is a common way to eat the white oval shaped protein packed ball but boiled egg also complements various recipes and can also play the role of main protagonist in a variety of dishes. This one is a simple recipe that can be eaten with bread or separately as a side dish.
- Two eggs
- One bell pepper, chopped
- One medium sized onion, chopped
- Two green chilies, sliced into half
- Two tablespoons of gram flour
- One teaspoon of white vinegar
- One tablespoon of soy sauce
- One tablespoon of tomato puree or ketchup
- One tablespoon of sweet chili sauce
- Four to five cloves of garlic, chopped
- Salt, for seasoning
- Black pepper powder, for seasoning
- A pinch of chaat masala
- Parsley, for garnishing
- Oil, for cooking
- Water, to boil the eggs
Hard Boiled Eggs
- Boil the eggs hard in a vessel. Let them cool and peel the shell off. Take gram flour, a pinch of salt, a pinch of chaat masala in a bowl and mix them well to form a paste with the help of water. Heat oil in a wok. Now coat the boiled eggs with the gram flour paste you just made and fry them till the coat turns golden brown. Keep the eggs aside.
- Pour little oil in a pan and heat it. Now add the chopped vegetables and saute them until they are tender. Add vinegar, soy sauce, tomato puree, sweet chili sauce one by one and let the mixture boil. Now add the eggs to this. Add salt and pepper to season. Stir the contents in the pan slowly so that the eggs are properly coated with the mixture of sauces. Switch off the stove and plate the dish in a container. Garnish with parsley and serve hot.