- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Brazilian Chicken and Rice Recipe
Easy 30 Minute Dinner
This delicious dinner is easy and filling. Even without the meat, the rest of the recipe makes a great side dish.
4 Tbs vegetable oil
1 yellow onion, finely chopped
3 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 bay leaf
3 cups white rice
4 cups hot water
1 can tomatoes, drained and chopped
1/2 tsp salt
6 chicken drumsticks
2 sliced hard boiled eggs
4 quart pot
1. Heat oil on medium-high and cook the onion and garlic until golden.
2. Add rice and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. Add the bay leaf, tomatoes and salt. Bring to a boil, continuing to stir until almost all the water is evaporated, about 5 minutes.
4. Add chicken, stirring drumsticks into the rice.
5. Cover the pot and reduce temperature to a simmer. Simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is cooked.
Serve hot on a platter. Garnish with the hard boiled egg slices. Wonderful with focaccia bread.