- Food and Cooking»
- Culinary Arts & Cooking Techniques»
Now You Can Have Your Bowl and Eat It Too!
The Perfect Meal Accompaniment for Those Cold Weather Months!
3 c. All-purpose flour
2 t. Salt
2 t. Yeast
1 1/8 c. Water
1. Mix everything together. If too wet, add more flour. If too dry, add more water.
2. Knead for 10 minutes. Cover and set aside to rise until doubled in size (approx. 90 minutes). Punch down and let rise again.
3. Divide into three balls (or four for smaller bowls) and stretch over upturned soup bowls (ceramic or glass only and remember to very lightly grease the outside of the bowls). Let sit for another ½ hour until ‘doubled’.
4. Place in preheated 375degF oven and bake for about 25 minutes. Watch carefully the first time as your oven may be hotter than mine and bake faster.
5. When golden brown, tap the top (which is actually the bottom of the bowl, lol) and if it sounds hollow, pull it out of the oven and set to cool. When cool, remove the bowls.
6. Fill with desired foods (I’m using beef lentil barley stew – homemade of course – but chilli and soups and other stews are perfect for this!