- 3-4 slices Thick white bread
- 1-2 Green cardamoms
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup or to your own taste sugar
- 6-7 chopped almonds
- 1/4-1/2 cup cooking oil/ ghee
- Grind the bread pieces in a chopper or grinder.
- Heat oil in a deep based pan, add crushed cardamoms and then add bread crumbs. Make sure the heat is slow otherwise breadcrumbs would start to burn. (Oil should be enough so that the bread crumbs get fully soaked in it, if you feel they look a bit dry, add some more oil)
- Cook the bread crumbs on low heat until they become light golden in color.
- Then add milk, sugar and chopped almonds. Keep stirring the halwa continuously until the oil starts to appear.
- Pour it in a serving dish and garnish with some more almonds!