Bread Loaf With Herbs - Healthy and Tasty !!
- 1 cup - Whole wheat flour
- 1 cup - All purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon each - Dried herbs, Oregano, parsley, red chilly flakes
- 3 teaspoon - Dry yeast
- 2 tablespoon - Olive oil
- 1/4 cup - Milk
- 1 teaspoon - Salt
- 1 teaspoon - Sugar
- 1 small size - Tomato, sliced
- few - Black Olives, sliced
- 1 teaspoon - Poppy seeds, to sprinkle
- 1 tablespoon - Fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon - Olive oil
- 2 tablespoon - Warm milk
- In a bowl take warm water and add yeast and sugar to it. Stir well and cover the bowl. Keep aside for 10 minutes, for Yeast to activate.
- Take a separate bowl and sieve Wheat flour, All-purpose flour, and add herbs to it.
- Now add the yeast mixture to the flour along with salt and olive oil. Use your hand and mix it nicely.
- Add warm milk gradually followed by 1/4 cup warm water if needed. Knead with your hands until dough is no longer sticky. Keep kneading with wet hands to get a soft and smooth dough.
- Now put the dough on a lightly floured platform and stretch it towards you, fold over 4-5 times. Then knead the dough again for 10 minutes till it turns very smooth.
- You can knead the dough in the food processor as well.
- Now put the dough preferably in a glass bowl and brush it with some oil. Then cover it with a cling film and keep aside till it doubles up in size. Preferably for 2 hours.
- Now puncture the dough by punching it 2-3 times lightly and again knead it well.
- Take a greased loaf tin and put the dough in it. Put tomato and olive slices at the top of the dough, pressing slightly inwards. Leave for 15 minutes.
- Brush the dough with milk and olive oil mixture and sprinkle parsley, poppy seeds, chilly flakes, and chopped garlic.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 210-degree Celcius for 20 minutes or until golden from the top.
- Tadaaa... our healthy herbs infused bread loaf is ready to be enjoyed !!
© 2020 Himanshi