Breakfast Potato Recipes
Potato Fun Facts
- The Incas used the potato to treat injuries. They also thought it made childbirth easier.
- Potatoes are a member of the nightshade family, which also includes tomatoes, capsicum and the poisonous belladonna.
- During the 18th century, potatoes were served asdessert, hot and salted, in a napkin.
- The first “French fry” was allegedly first served in the United States by Thomas Jefferson at a presidential dinner.
- About 20% of potato nutrition is found in the skin; the majority is in the flesh.
- China is currently the world's largest producer of potatoes.
- Potatoes have more potassium than bananas.
- Vincent Van Gogh painted four still-life canvases devoted entirely to the potato.
- During the Alaskan Klondike gold rush, (1897-1898) potatoes were practically worth their weight in gold. Potatoes were valued for their vitamin C. And gold, at that time, was more plentiful than nutritious foods!
- Seven varieties of potatoes are grown in the United States.
- Every year we consume about 110 pounds of potatoes per person.
Sausage Breakfast Potatoes
4 medium to large potatoes
1/2 lb sausage
1/2 medium onion
1/2 green pepper
1/2 cup mushrooms
2 tbsp oil
1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Peel and cut potatoes, onions, and peppers into small chunks. Place in pan with oil and cook on medium heat until potatoes are tender.
While potato mixture is cooking, cook sausage, drain and crumble.
When potatoes become tender add sliced mushroom and sausage and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
Turn off heat and springle with cheese.
Bacon-Tomato Breakfast Potatoes
4 medium potatoes
6 slices bacon
3 tbsp butter
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
1/2 green pepper, thinly sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp papper
2 medium tomatoes, diced
Peel and slice potatoes into thin slices and set aside.
In large frying pan, fry bacon slowly until it is browned and crisp, remove from pan and crumble.
Add butter to drippings and saute onion, garlic and green peppers over medium heat until onions turn a golden color, about 5 minutes.
Add potaotes, salt and pepper, continue to cook until potatoes are lightly brown, about 15 minutes.
Mix in crumbled bacon.
Sprinkle tomatoes over the potatoes and heat on low , covered for another 15 to 20 minutes, until potaotes are tender.
Ham and Hash Browns Breakfast Potatoes
1 cup leftover ham, chopped
2 tbsp oil
6 cups frozen hash brown potatoes
1/4 cup green peppers, chopped
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Heat oil in large frying pan. Add potatoes, green peppers, onions, mushrooms, salt and pepper and cook for 2 minutes, stirring requently.
Cover and cook until potatoes are brown and tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
Make 6 wells in potatoes and place one egg in each well.
Cover and cook for about 10 minutes until eggs are completeely set.
Sprinkle with cheese.
- Delicious Potato Recipes
Yum! Potatoes Ingredients: 5 lbs potatoes, peeled, cubed and boiled 1/2 cup butter, melted 4 cups shredded sharp cheddar sheese 2 cups sour cream 2 tsp minced onions 3 1/4 oz jar bacon bits ...
- Healthy Baked Potato Recipes
There can be little doubt about it, baked potatoes are one of the healthiest ways in which we can consume potatoes. They are extremely nutritious (especially when we eat rather than discard the skin) and are...
- Creamy Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes Recipe: These Free...
A creamy mashed potato recipe that you can make ahead and is delicious, even after it has been frozen. A favorite at our store. There are tips and suggestions in this article to make the most of this recipe.
- Easy Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
Scalloped potatoes are especially tasty with the addition of cheese. This recipe for tasty cheesy scalloped potatoes makes for good eating Easy Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes 6-8 potatoes, peeled and sliced...
- 10 Boiled Potato Recipes - 10 Easy Variations for Ta...
10 easy variations on everyday boiled potatoes
- How to make the BEST oven roasted potatoes!
Ah...potatoes! Creation's comfort food. Whether mashed or baked, whether as French Fries or home fries, potatoes have universal appeal. My personal favorite potato dish is oven roasted potatoes. That rich...
- Make Your Own Potato Chips: Recipe For How To Make Y...
For most of us who are on a diet, potato chips would seem a prohibitive addition to our daily intake. However, these potato chips are an incredible way to cut calories and still feel like you are 'indulging' a...