How to make or fry Brinjal Porial South Indian Tamilnadu or Madras style Recipe
This hubpage teaches you about how to make or fry Brinjal porial south indian tamilnadu or madras style recipe.
Brinjal Porial is a traditional south Indian dish which is a side dish for lunch meal. Tasty and healthy Brinjal porial is very delicious side dish which will increase your appetite. Don't miss it. You guys will enjoy its sweet taste when consumed with the main course.
Benefits of Brinjal :
1) High in water content, potassium and fibre.
2) Possess many medicinal properties and is used as a remedy for cancer, hypertension and diabetes.
3) Increases the appetite and helps in digestion.
Method of preparation is given below. Taste it and enjoy it.
Tasty Brinjal Porial
- 1/2kg Brinjal, (Small or Big)
- 1/4 cup Grated coconut
- 3 tsp Refined oil
- 2 tsp Red Chill Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Mustard
- 1/2 tsp Bengal gram
- Wash the brinjal thoroughly and remove the green part of it. Then cut them in to pieces.
- Take a pan, place it on the stove and heat it till it becomes dry. Now pour 3 tsp of refined oil in it. When the oil gets heated put ¼ tsp of mustard and wait till gets crackled.
- Now add ½ tsp of Bengal gram and leave till it becomes golden brown.
- Now add the brinjal in it and stir well. Pour little water in it and close the lid.
- After 2 or 3 minutes add 2 tsp of chilli powder,1 tsp of salt and mix well. Now close the lid.
- When it is cooked well open the lid and stir till it gets dried. Now add the grated coconut, mix it well and leave for 30 sec.
- Finally transfer the dish in to a bowl and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Tasty Brinjal Porial is ready to serve. You can serve this side dish with Rice, Chapatti, etc.
- Note:Chili powder can be added little more during cooking for more spicy lovers. Salt for taste also carry's the same rule. Bigger Brinjal gives you a very delicious taste.