- half cup mustard oil
- ginger and garlic paste(two teaspoons each)
- salt to taste
- 1 kg brinjals cut into small strips or cubes(remove the head part)
- 2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1teaspoon cumin seeds(jeera), roasted and ground
- 1 tea spoon fenugreek seeds(methi seeds), roasted and ground well
- half cup jagger
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
Heat mustard oil in a pan and fry the garlic & ginger paste till golden brown and remove from heat.
Add cut brinjal,salt mustard powder, turmeric, red chilli powder, cumin and fenugreek into the fried ginger garlic. Cook for few miniutes untill the brinjal cubes just starts to soften .
In a separate bowl mix jaggery in vinegar by heating on a low flame,remove and keep aside
now add the mixture to the brinjal mixture and let it simmer for a minute or two, then remove.
Cool it and pour it into a tight clean jar.
Cool it in the refrigerator for at least a day before serving it.
you may use cauliflower or carrots to make cauliflower pickle in the same way
you may add onions paste along with garlic and ginger paste if you wish, they taste awesome in the pickle .the out come is sweet and sour pickle.