Recipe (6): Broccoli and Black Fungus Salad
Broccoli is rich in Vitamin C, which helps greatly to increase the concentration of VC in gastric juice of patients of gastric cancer. At the same time, it has considerable amount of carotene, which helps to inhibit the growth of cancer cells. More specially, according to some nutritional researches, broccoli has various indole derivatives, which decrease the level of estrogen, and so prevent the development of breast cancer in some sense. Besides, it has been found that an instance in broccoli, which is called sulforaphane, is another cancer-prevention agent. Therefore, broccoli has considerable efficacy to cure and prevent cancers. On the other hand, Chinese medicine believes that broccoli functions to nourish kidney, stomach， spleen and bone.
Black fungus has rich sugar and protein, as well as various vitamins and minerals. Black fungus has a special function in cleaning the visceral organs. Black fungus is rich in polysaccharide colloids, which can absorb and help dissolve and digest the remaining dust and other foreign matters, such as hairs, saw dust, or metal dust, in human bodies, and so it is thought of a necessary food for mining, textile, and chemical workers.
In the dish, the above vegetable match together, having efficacy to remove heat (the two vegetables are cold in nature by Chinese medicine, and so people who often feel cold in stomach are not supposed to eat much), detoxify and prevent cancers. Usually, carrot is chosen as side vegetable to both make colorful and increase nutrients. The dish is made in beautiful arrangement to improve eating feeling, and marinated in garlic-ginger flavory sauce. In following picture is the dish that I made. I was currently short of carrot, and then I used red pepper sweet to replace it. Now, let's start from "Ingredients".
- broccoli, separated into small flowers
- dried black fungi, soaked for about 12 hours in cold water
- carrot, shredded
- ginger, chopped
- garlic, chopped
- light soy sauce
- white sugar
- Chinese vinegar
- salad oil
- Preparation: tear soaked black fungus into small pieces; marinate broccoli in salty water for 10 minutes; peal carrot and cut into shreds
- heat water (add in some salt and a little oil, which can remain broccoli in fresh green), then put broccoli in boiled water to middle heat, then soak in cold water and dish up
- the same with 2 to deal with black fungi and carrot
- mix salt, vinegar, ginger, garlic, soy sauce and sugar together. Heat salad oil, then pour it into the mixture
- dry broccoli, black fungi and carrot, and set them in a plate in a neat arrangement
- spray the flavory sauce into vegetables