- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Brocolli Soup Recipe
- Cruciferous Vegetables List – Cancer Prevention an...
Scientific studies have shown that sulforaphane, one of the phytochemicals found in cruciferous vegetables can stimulate enzymes in the body that detoxify carcinogens before they damage cells. What are the list of cruciferous vegetables? Cruciferous
Cream of broccoli soup is so tasty and nutritious. This recipe gives you the broccoli puree with velvety smooth texture and creamy flavour, and it is simple !
1 tablespoon of olive oil or grapeseed oil
1 tablespoon of soy sauce
1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
1 fresh brocolli (about 10 oz) chopped, or 10 oz of frozen brocolli,
2 potatoes, peeled and cubed
4 cups of chicken broth
Some fresh thyme
Some crushed bay leaves
1/8 teaspoon Ground White Pepper to taste
½ Salt to taste
Some shaven parmesan or cheddar cheese (if you want it creamier)
Bacon thyme croutons for garnish (optional)
Some Red pepper flakes (if you like it a bit spicy)
Some Milk (if you want it creamier)
1. In a large pot, fry the onion and garlic with the olive or grape seed oil until tender.
2. Add in broccoli, potatoes and chicken broth.
3. Bring the mixture to boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the broccoli and potato are tender.
4. Add in fresh thyme and crushed bay leaves. Add some red pepper flakes if you like it a bit spicy.
5. Pour the mixture into a blender and blend the mixture until puree-like or creamy smooth.
6. Pour the broccoli puree back into the pot and reheat but avoid boiling it.
7. If it is not creamy enough, add some milk and cheese.
8. Add soy sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
9. Before serving, add the bacon thyme croutons.
10. Serve immediately.
The text and all images on this page, unless otherwise indicated, are owned by Ingenira who hereby asserts her copyright on the material. Permission must be granted by the author in writing prior to copy or republish this article in print or online. However, please feel free to copy the first paragraph with a link back to this page. Thank you.
© Ingenira 2012