- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Broiled Scallop Kabobs with Dill Sauce
- 1 lb sea scallops
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped onion
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp dried dill, (or 1 1/2 tsp snipped fresh dill)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- Prepare the dill sauce in a small bowl by stirring together mayonnaise, onion, lemon juice, and dill. Cover the sauce, and set it in the refrigerator until your are ready to serve the scallop kabobs.
- If frozen, thaw the scallops.
- Rinse the scallops, then with paper towels pat them dry.
- Slice any really large scallops in half.
- Thread the scallops onto four 8 to 10 inch long skewers, leaving about 1/4 inch of space between each scallop.
- Preheat your broiler, and lay the scallop kabobs on a greased unheated broiler pan rack.
- Stir the melted butter, pepper, and paprika together in a small bowl. Brush half of the butter onto the scallops.
- Broil the kabobs (about 4 inches from heat) for 4 minutes. Turn them, brush with the remaining butter mixture, and continue broiling for another 4 to 6 minutes just until the scallops are opaque.
- Serve your broiled scallop kabobs with dill sauce.
|Serving size: 1 kabob with 3 Tbsp dill sauce|
|Calories from Fat||351|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 39 g||60%|
|Saturated fat 9 g||45%|
|Unsaturated fat 30 g|
|Carbohydrates 3 g||1%|
|Fiber 0 g|
|Protein 19 g||38%|
|Cholesterol 88 mg||29%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
I hope you enjoy these delicious Broiled Scallop Kabobs with Dill Sauce. Follow me on Twitter @topratedrecipes for more tasty recipes. Enjoy!
- How To Make Shrimp Scampi Kabobs on the Grill
Grilled shrimp are a pleasant treat at any cookout. Cook them on a skewer with some green onions and red sweet peppers for a convenient outdoor dish that tastes as good as it looks. Follow the recipe below to make shrimp scampi kabobs on your grill.