How Good is Brown Rice for Your Health?
Brown rice is healthier than white rice because in the white rice some nutrients are removed like bran and germ. Brown rice is still untouched and contains more nutrition value and has some health benefits. If you are a weight watcher then brown rice is good for you because of its low calorie content.
1. Brown rice is a good source of fiber and also helps in preventing irritable bowel syndrome and diverticulitis. Also prevent constipation and promotes healthy bowel movements.
2. It is rich in manganese and it helps with the absorption of calcium and maintains the health of bones and metabolism. Manganese also helps with regulating blood sugar levels and keeping the thyroid functioning properly.
3. Brown rice reduces colon cancer because of its fiber and selenium content. 1 cup of brown rice contains that daily required of fiber intake.
4. Brown rice is also believed to be beneficial for stomach and intestinal ulcers and also helps in reducing/ curing diarrhea.
5. The magnesium in the brown rice helps with reducing migraines and severity of asthma. Also good with in preventing diabetes type 2 and keeping bodily nerves and heart healthy and functioning well.
6. Brown rice contains vitamin E which is good with improving your skins health and boosting the immune system and also is anti-inflammatory it relives pain and discomfort.
7. Brown rice is also good with lowering LDL (bad) cholesterol in your body.
8. Brown rice is proven to be good for women by preventing development of gallstones.
9. The potassium in brown rice helps to prevent stroke and heart disorder by regulating blood pressure.
Brown rice is healthy and can also be costly but it is worth it as it gives you body necessary nutrition such as fiber, selenium, manganese, magnesium, vitamin e, calcium and niacin just to name of few minerals and vitamins. Other benefits of brown rice helps maintain the health of cardiovascular, nervous and niacin is good for stress.