Buckwheat Raisin and Brown Sugar Pancakes
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 20 min
Ready in: 25 min
Yields: Serves 2
- 1 cup organic buckwheat pancake and waffle mix
- 1 large brown egg
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup coconut milk or milk
- pure dark amber maple syrup
- In a large bowl, add 1 cup of the buckwheat pancake mix, 1 large brown egg, 1 teaspoon of canola oil, 1 teaspoon of coconut oil, 1 teaspoon of honey, 1 teaspoon of brown sugar, 1/2 cup of raisins and 3/4 cup of coconut milk. Whisk until smooth.
- Heat a skillet. Add a tab of butter, just enough to lubricate the skillet. I keep the burner on 4-5 to make pancakes. Buckwheat pancakes brown faster than a standard pancake mix, so be careful.
- When the pancakes are tightening up around the edges and bubbly in the middle, flip them.
- Stack them up and drizzle with 100% pure dark amber maple syrup.