- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Bud Spencer's favourite - Beans with onions
About the idea
I guess there is no one on the world who have not heard of Bud Spencer or did not see at least one of his many-many films.
I have to admit, since my childhood he is one of my favourite actors, together with Terence Hill of course. In most of their movies they are eating a more or less 'special' meal, beans with onions and I always wondered how should it look like as a full, stodgy dish - as the one in the films looked like a bit too simple.
About 3 years ago I decided to try to make it on my own, so in the following you can get to know my 'secret' recipe :).
I hope you will like it!
Bud Spencer starred in a film which title is 'Even Angels Eat Beans' (1973).
Fantastic meal in less than an hour
- 300g chicken breasts, sliced
- 400g white beans, canned
- 200g red beans, canned
- 150g peas, frozen or canned
- 150g sweet corn, canned
- 2pcs onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp sweet paprika, ground
- 200g ketchup
- 1 cube chicken stock
- some olive oil
- some salt and black pepper, grounded
- some parsley
Did you know?
Bud Spencer and Terence Hill starred together in 18 films.
- Cut the chicken breast into slices, spice it with salt and black pepper and stir-fry it in a non-stick wok or pan on some olive oil until its cooked through (about 15-20 mins).
- Then add the sliced onion, the crushed garlic and the sweet paprika to the chicken. Pour some water into the mixture as well, to make sure it will not burn. Turn down the heat and simmer from now on.
- After these, add the beans, the sweet corn and the peas to the food and mix the ketchup into it. Crumble the chicken stock cube onto all of these and stir well. According to your taste, add some more salt or ground black pepper if needed.
- Simmer the food for another 5-10 mins until all the vegetables are cooked through.
- Finally sprinkle it with parsley and serve it warm.
You might need these:
Nutrition facts based on my own calculation
|Serving size: 4|
|Calories from Fat||108|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 12 g||18%|
|Carbohydrates 45 g||15%|
|Fiber 9 g||36%|
|Protein 15 g||30%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
How do you like this recipe?
Bud and Terence - Nobody touches my beans!
Share your ideas!
Please feel free to comment on this hub, your feedback is very much appreciated!
Or, if you feel that you can write fresh, new ideas about this or a similar topic, just join our community and start writing!
© Copyright 2012-2014, Zsofia Koszegi-Nagy (zsobig)
Other recipes by me
- Colourful & creamy chicken
Easy to cook and fast creamy and colourful chicken main meal with sweetcorn and red & yellow peppers. Not only delicious but a true eye-candy as well!
- Cold and creamy peach soup recipe
Do you like peaches? Then try this great, sweet and creamy, summer recipe that the whole family will love! Complete cooking instructions and pictures!
- Tejbegríz aka Semolina Pudding - a sweet dessert for the whole family
Tejbegriz (the best translation probably is Semolina pudding) is a fantastic sweet dessert that your whole family will love! Recipe, instructions and pictures are all included in this article!
- Kurtoskalacs a.k.a. Chimney Cake, a delicious Hungarian pastry
Chimney Cake or Kurtoskalacs is an incredible Hungarian pastry that originates from Transylvania (present day Romania). Come and discover this great Cake with the help of this hub! Recipe and instructions included!
© 2012 Sophie