- Food and Cooking
Quick and Easy Recipes: Spaghetti Carbonara
Easy Spaghetti Carbonara
This is a really quick and easy recipe that is perfect for dinner. It takes literally 20 minutes and only uses five ingredients (plus oil for frying) and you'll likely have most, if not all, of these ingredients in your fridge / store cupboard so there's no need to trudge out to the local shops and spend a fortune.
Quick Dinner Recipe: Spaghetti Carbonara
This recipe shows you how to cook spaghetti carbonara the proper Italian way, and not the rich, sickly way that you get it in most restaurants where it's made with double cream or creme freche. Trust me, this way is much better and it has a lot less calories and fat content!
When I'm at home I like to use quick dinner recipes and quite often these will be quick pasta recipes. It's a very quick and easy recipe that uses few ingredients and takes no time at all. When I set out on a month-long trip in a campervan last year this was one of the first dishes that I thought of making whilst on the road. You can use smoked or unsmoked bacon in your spaghetti carbonara. I prefer smoked but my girlfriend insists on unsmoked. Each to their own!
Quick and Easy Recipe
Quick Dinner Recipe Cook Time
Spaghetti Carbonara Ingredients
- 200g Spaghetti Pasta
- 2 Rashers of Bacon (chopped)
- 3 Eggs (yoke only)
- 1 Onion (finely chopped)
- A handful Parmesan
- A splash Cooking Oil
Quick Dinner Recipe Instructions: Spaghetti Carbonara
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and boil the spaghetti for 10 minutes until cooked. Add salt if required. When cooked, leave to stand in the hot water.
- Heat the oil over a medium heat and fry the onions gently until they become translucent.
- Add the bacon and stir well. Continue frying until both the bacon and onion is cooked.
- Drain the spaghetti and stir into the hot pan. Fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and gently stir in the egg yokes. You don't want to scramble the eggs, the aim is to simply coat the pasta as much as you can.
- Sprinkle over the parmesan. Stir once and serve immediately. Add more parmesan to the dish as desired.
- Eat it. Love it!
And there you have a simple, tasty Spaghetti Carbonara. Bon appetite!
Such a Quick and Easy Recipe
More Quick Dinner Recipes
Here's 189 more quick dinner recipes for you to try your hand at.
Spaghetti Carbonara Calories and Nutrition
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||225|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 25 g||38%|
|Carbohydrates 37 g||12%|
|Sugar 3 g|
|Protein 23 g||46%|
|Sodium 589 mg||25%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Quick Dinner Recipe Poll
Did you find this quick dinner recipe helpful?
Don't Miss my other Quick and Easy Recipes or my Guide to Cooking in a campervan / motorhome
- Cooking in a Campervan / Motorhome / Caravan
Helpful tips and info on planning and preparing meals when travelling in a campervan / motorhome or caravan.
- Quick and Easy Recipes: Spaghetti Bolognaise
- Quick and Easy Recipes: Cous Cous with Sausages and...
- Quick and Easy Recipes: Pasta with Tuna and Tomat...
- Quick and Easy Recipes: Pasta with Sausages and T...
More Quick and Easy Recipes
More amazing Italian recipes are covered in this book. Not all of them are suitable for campervan cooking but you'd be surprised at how easy it is to make many of these quick and easy recipes.
Cooking with pasta is easy when you know what to do with it. This book provides loads of quick pasta recipes for cooking with pasta. They're often cheap to prepare and ready within minutes.