Quick and Easy Recipes: Pasta with Tuna and Tomato Sauce
When at home, this is a good meal to make when you've not got too much time or when pay day is approaching and you need to throw something together with the items in your store cupboard. And as this is a recipe that is good for making whilst on the road in a camper van, you should have a bunch of store cupboard items at your disposal. The reason I say this is that if you set out in your campervan with a bunch of fresh produce then you're inevitably going to find yourself going to the supermarket every few days or risk having your fresh food spoiled by the weather - it can get very hot of very cold in a campervan!
Anyway, as I say this dish only requires a few ingredients and you'll see that it's very quick and easy to put together.
See my other Quick and Easy Recipes and my Guide to Cooking in a Campervan / Motorhome
- Cooking in a Campervan / Motorhome / Caravan
Helpful tips and info on planning and preparing meals when travelling in a campervan / motorhome or caravan.
- Quick and Easy Recipes: Spaghetti Bolognaise
- Quick and Easy Recipes: Cous Cous with Sausages ...
- Quick and Easy Recipes: Pasta with Sausages and ...
- Quick and Easy Recipes: Spaghetti Carbonara
- 200g Fusili Pasta
- 1 can Tuna
- 1 onion
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 450g tin Chopped Tomatoes
- A handful Parmesan
- Cook the pasta in boiling water for about 10 minutes (or to preference). Add a pinch of salt and splash of oil
- Heat a splash of oil over a medium heat and fry the onions until they become translucent. Add the garlic and fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes to the onion and garlic and stir well for 5 minutes. If the mixture starts bubbling, turn down the heat. You don't want to burn this.
- Make sure the tuna is nicely shredded and separated and stir into the tomato mix. Stir well.
- Drain the cooked pasta and stir into the hot pan making sure that you coat it in the tomato sauce. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the grated parmesan and serve. Add more parmesan if required.
And there you have a simple, tasty pasta dish. Bon appetite!
If you like Italian cooking there are some really amazing recipes in this book. Not all of them of suitable for camper van cooking but they are all so amazingly tasty and can all be prepared in the kitchen.
There's loads of great pasta recipes in this book. This has to be the book I turn to most often when I'm looking for something different to do with pasta.
If you've bought a big block of pasta in order to make my meal and you're unsure what to do with the rest of it, then look no further than this book. Parmesan is in pretty much every recipe!