- Food and Cooking
Quick and Easy Recipes: Cous Cous with Sausages and Broccoli
Ok, this is one of my easy dinner ideas and one of my best recipes for cooking cous cous. It's easy recipe that's ready in less than 20 minutes and uses only 6 ingredients from your store-cupboard. All you need is a pan/bowl in which to prepare the cous cous; a sharp knife to chop the onion, garlic and broccoli; and a pan to fry the onion, garlic and sausages. It can easily be modified to become a vegetarian recipe or a vegan recipe by simply omitting the sausages and using vegetable stock in place of beef stock.
Also Check out my other Ideas for Dinner and my Guide to Cooking in a Campervan / Motorhome
- Cooking in a Campervan / Motorhome / Caravan
Helpful tips and info on planning and preparing meals when travelling in a campervan / motorhome or caravan.
- Quick and Easy Recipes: Spaghetti Bolognaise
- Quick and Easy Recipes: Pasta with Tuna and Tomat...
- Quick and Easy Recipes: Pasta with Sausages and T...
- Quick and Easy Recipes: Spaghetti Carbonara
- 200g Cous Cous
- 1 Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 Clove Garlic (finely chopped)
- 4 Sausages
- 1 cube Beef Stock
- A few florets Broccoli
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and gently cook the broccoli for 7-8 minutes.
- Drain broccoli and place to one side. Add the water from the broccoli, along with the beef stock cube, to the Cous Cous as per packet instructions. Stir well and stand aside whilst the water is absorbed.
- Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat and gently fry the onions and garlic for 2 minutes before adding the sausages.
- When the sausages are browned all over move the onion and garlic to the edge of the pan and slice the sausages into 1cm chunks, Continue to fry for a further 5 minutes,
- Serve the cous cous into bowls and spoon in the sausages, onion, garlic and sausage pieces.
And there you have a simple, tasty cous cous meal. Bon appetite
This book covers everything you could possibly make with cous cous. Even desserts! A great book for the kitchen, especially when you're down to the bare essentials.