Quick and Easy Recipes: Cous Cous with Sausages and Broccoli
Easy Sausage Supper Dish
Ok, this is one of my easy dinner ideas and one of my best recipes for cooking cous cous. It's an easy recipe that's ready in less than 20 minutes and uses only 6 ingredients from your store-cupboard. All you need is a pan/bowl in which to prepare the cous cous; a sharp knife to chop the onion; garlic; broccoli; and a pan to fry the onion, garlic and sausages. It can easily be modified to become a vegetarian recipe or a vegan recipe by simply omitting the sausages and using vegetable stock in place of beef stock.
Cook Time for Sausage and Broccoli Cous Cous
Ingredients for Sausage and Broccoli Cous Cous
- 200g Cous Cous
- 1 Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 Clove Garlic (finely chopped)
- 4 Sausages
- 1 cube Beef Stock
- A few florets Broccoli
Instructions for Cooking Sausage and Broccoli Cous Cous
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and gently cook the broccoli for 7-8 minutes.
- Drain broccoli and place to one side. Add the water from the broccoli, along with the beef stock cube, to the Cous Cous as per packet instructions. Stir well and stand aside whilst the water is absorbed.
- Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat and gently fry the onions and garlic for 2 minutes before adding the sausages.
- When the sausages are browned all over move the onion and garlic to the edge of the pan and slice the sausages into 1cm chunks, Continue to fry for a further 5 minutes,
- Serve the cous cous into bowls and spoon in the sausages, onion, garlic and sausage pieces.
- And there you have a simple, tasty cous cous meal. Bon appetite
If you enjoyed reading this article and found this recipe helpful please leave a comment in the space provided at the bottom of this page. If you would like to read more of my quick and easy recipe ideas please click on the links below.
- Quick and Easy Meal Recipe: Ranch Stew (Ideal for Sl...
Here is a delicious simple and easy recipe for a one-pot dish that can be cooked in one pan on the stove or in a slow cooker or crock pot.
- Cooking in a Campervan / Motorhome / Caravan
Helpful tips and info on planning and preparing meals when travelling in a campervan / motorhome or caravan.
- Quick and Easy Recipes: Pasta with Sausages and T...
Easy peasy recipe idea that will have you a hearty, tasty meal ready in minutes
- Quick and Easy Recipes: Spaghetti Carbonara
Quick and easy spaghetti carbonara meal that's ready in minutes. No heavy, sickly cream in sight. This is a classic Italian recipe that uses egg yokes. Give it a try!
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2012 Matt Doran