- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Chicken Recipes
Buffalo Chicken Wings Recipe
Before the advent of the Buffalo wings, the wings in the chicken were supposed to be useless and only used for making soups and chicken stock. But with the advent of the buffalo chicken the wings of chicken are not considered as waste but as delicacy. No one exactly knows how this recipe came to us but it is supposed that it was first made in Anchor Bar in Buffalo, USA. So it is supposed to be an authentic American recipe. The story behind this dish is that the owner of Anchor bar Mrs. Teresa Bellissimo’s son brought some of his friend very late in night and asked her to feed all of them. Since it was very late in night and she only had chicken wings left so she fried them and dipped in buttery sauce. Then she served them with blue cheese and celery. All the friends of his son liked the wings very much and rest is history.
This recipe became so much famous that the 29 July has been set as the Chicken wing day by the city of Buffalo. Last year the owners of Anchor Bar served over 75,000 pounds of Buffalo wings on this day. This recipe has become so famous that others have also copied it and now it is also available commercially. Then there was another restaurant with name of Wings and Things which also claimed it to be their original recipe with the name of hot wings , though their recipe is little different and they use spicy mambo sauce instead of hot Chile sauce. Soon the dish became so famous across USA that nearly any restaurant worth its name stated to make its own kind of chicken wings. Most came up with their own recipe and flavors but none was as successful as the original Buffalo wings
- Chicken Wings: 18.
- All Purpose Floor: 1 Cup.
- Unsalted butter: 6 Tbsp
- Cayenne Pepper: ¼ Tsp.
- Vegetable Oil: 1 Tbsp.
- Worcestershire Sauce: ¼ Tsp.
- Louisiana Hot Sauce: 6 Tbsp.
- Tabasco Sauce: 1 Tsp.
- White Vinegar: 1 ½ Tbsp.
- Garlic Powder: 1/8 Tsp
- Salt: 1 ¼ tsp.
- Celery Sticks:
- Blue Cheese for dressing.
- Divide the chicken wings in two parts one flat and other drum so we have 36 parts in all.
- Now preheat the oven to 425 F
- Take a large bowl and put wings in the bowl.
- Add oil and 1 Tsp of salt and mix well.
- Now put the chicken pieces in the plastic bag and add flour.
- Shake it good so the flour covers the chicken pieces evenly.
- Now remove the wings from the bag and shake off excess flour.
- Take a baking pan and line it with foil.
- Put some oil on the foil so all of the foil has a slight covering of oil on it.
- Put the chicken wings on the foil, spreading out evenly and do not over crowd. Can use more than one pan if you have smaller pans or can make in two or three shifts.
- Put the pan in oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Take out the pan and turn over the chicken pieces.
- Put the pan back in oven and bake for 20 minutes more at 425F.
- Now the wings would be cooked thoroughly and browned.
- While the chicken wings are baked, take all the remaining ingredients in a pan including ¼ tsp of salt left in a pan and mix them well.
- Now put the pan on the low heat and let it simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Now take the pan off the heat.
- Now when wings are cooked, transfer them to a large mixing bowl and pour this sauce on them.
- Mix well with help of spatula making sure all sides of chicken wings are coated with the sauce.
- Serve them with celery stick and blue cheese.
More Delicious recipes
- Mint Coconut Chicken Recipe
mint coconut chicken is best eaten in winters but can be eaten at any time. This chicken is very easy to make & it looks yummy and tastes yummy so friends go for it. ingredients are easily available
- Honey Mint Glazed Chicken
Honey mint glazed chicken is one of the easiest chickens to make and it not only tastes great but when cooked properly it is very pleasant to the eye too so a perfect dish to be served to be guests.
- Kung Pao Chicken Recipe
King Pao chicken is very well liked Chicken dish . It is easy to make and do not take much time to cook. It is a very simple dish with lots of flavors. King Pao chicken is a dish from Sichuan cuisine
- Baked Barbecue Chicken recipe
Baked Barbecue Chicken is very tasty and easy to make recipe. I love the taste of this chicken and even kids demand this chicken. Delicious and who do not like barbecue.
- Summer In Winter Chicken
Summer in winter chicken is odd name but it is easy to make & is very delicious and takes 20 minutes to cook. Ingredients are readily available in super markets. Looks yummy, tastes yummy. Go for it.
- Recipe of Sweet And Sour Chicken
Sweet & sour chicken is fried chicken in delicious sweet & sour sauce. Sauce is poured on the crispy fried chicken and is served immediately as soon as it is made. It has rich classic Indian flavor