- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Vegetable Main & Side Dish Recipes
BuffaloGal1960's Recipe: STUFFED BELL PEPPERS
A Family Favorite Recipe
These peppers are my own recipe.
- 1/2 lb Ground Beef
- 1 12 oz can Refried Beans
- 8 large Bell Peppers, Remove tops
- 1 small can Sliced Black Olives
- 1 box Spanish Rice, Prepare as directed
- 1 block Monterey Jack Cheese, Shred all but reserve 16 cubes
- 1 16 oz can Stewed Tomatoes
- 1 small Onion, if desired, Chopped
Stuffing the Peppers
- Wash and cut tops off peppers, microwave 18 minutes, standing alone on a plate. If desired, peppers may be cut in half down the sides for easier filling and 1/2 pepper serves one person, but I leave mine whole.
- While the peppers are in the microwave, make Spanish Rice Boxed Mix as instructed, adding juice from stewed tomatoes when almost complete, set aside. If desired, you may add the tomatoes to this mixture also or you can reserve them to place around the peppers while baking.
- In a skillet, brown 1/2 lb ground beef, venison or ground turkey - added chopped onion if desired.
- Stir in Refried beans until evenly mixed.
- Add rice mixture and ground beef, set aside.
- Take 8 cubes of Monterey Jack Cheese and put one in bottom of microwaved peppers.
- Stuff peppers with ground beef, beans and rice mixture.
- Add black olives, drained, on top, shredded cheese and the last cheese cubes placed directly in center.
- Place leftover stewed tomatoes that were drained, around the peppers if desired.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until desired consistency of peppers and the cheese cube on top is good and melted.
NOTE: If you have a small amount of leftover mixture that does not fit in the peppers you selected, save it and use it for chips later.