Creamy Tortilla Soup
This recipe is super easy. We always make it the day after Taco Night with our leftovers. It really comes together quickly and without much effort.
We use whatever we have on hand, so it is never really the same meal twice.
- 5 cups salsa
- 5 cups water
- 1 cup black beans
- 1-2 cups any vegetables (onions, carrots, etc...), chopped/diced
- 1 cup cooked chicken/ground beef - shredded or cubed, optional
- 1 cup fat free sour cream or greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- Place salsa and water in a pot. Add vegetables, beans, and meats. Cook until boiling.
- Add sour cream/yogurt and lime juice at end of cooking. Swirl into mixture.
- Serve with tortilla chips.