- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Vanilla Buttercream Icing (Simple Recipe)
Right here we have a very basic vanilla buttercream that you can use to ice your cakes with. With only 3 ingredients butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla you will be able to make this buttercream in no time.
You can absolutely mix it up with different flavors and colors such as chocolate, coffee, cream cheese, citrus, etc. We are thinking about cocoa and raspberry for your macarons. Try it out and let us know!
- 500g Unsalted Butter, 1lb, room temperature
- 1 bag Powdered Sugar, 1kg or 2lb, sifted
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Cube the butter and put it in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat the butter to form a creamy paste.
- Put in the vanilla extract to blend in with the butter.
- Mix in the powdered a small amount at a time until all of the sugar is incorporated.
- The buttercream is now thick and ready to be used. You can add in milk to adjust the thickness and to make it have a smoother finish.