Buttermilk Grilled Chicken with Zesty Salsa.
This is soooo mouth watering good and soooo good for you :-)
- 1 Boneless skinless breast of chicken, cut in half
- 1 large tomato, Sliced, diced, seeds removed
- 1 ear steamed sweet corn, kernels removed
- 1 cup black beans, washed and drained
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 lime
- McCormick Chicken seasoning, to taste
- 1 pint Butter Milk
- 1/2 cup Cilantro, chopped
- dollop of sour cream
- Season halved chicken breast with McCormick seasonings. Place in freezer bag (or bowl) and pour on the butter milk. Let chicken marinate while preparing salsa. But first, fire up the grill (I use a small weber charcoal grill for flavor)
- Place ear of corn in streamer. Cook until tender ( about 10 minutes should do guys). Remove kernels using steak knife.
- Wash then cut tomato into 1/4 in strips, then dice. Place diced tomato on paper towel to drain
- Open a can of black beans and pour into a strainer/colander. Wash with cold running water and drain.
- Next, cut the scallion into thin slices.
- Wash a bunch of Cilantro and chop up enough for 1/2 cup ( use more if you like cilantro)
- In a large bowl combine steamed corn kernels, one cup of washed black beans, tomato, scallion and cilantro.
- Now, cut the lime in half. Squeeze 1/2 of the lime over the mixture, cover and place in the fridge.
- OK...those coals should be white hot by now so lets get that chicken on the grill. Cook 8 minutes on each side. When done slice chicken length wise.
- Plate a heap of salsa on plate, add some chicken slices. Top salsa with sour cream. Garnish with lime slices. ENJOY !!