Buttermilk Pancake Recipe
Pancakes are a traditional breakfast in North America, so what better way to start your morning then with delicious fluffy buttermilk pancakes. You can make this batter the night before and refrigerate for up to 24 hours. These buttermilk pancakes are rich and tangy with a light, airy, and spongy texture. What do you like to top your buttermilk pancakes with?
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoon Granulated White Sugar
- 1 Large Egg, (lightly beaten)
- 1 Cup (240 mL) Buttermilk
- 3 Tablespoon Unsalted Butter, (extra for cooking pancakes in)
Fluffy Buttermilk Pancake Recipe
- Put flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar into a large bowl and whisk together.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the egg, buttermilk, and melted butter.
- In the center of the dry ingredients make a well (a hole) so that you can pour in the wet mixture.
- Stir the ingredients together just until combined. HINT: do not over stir or pancakes will become touch HINT: the batter should have some small lumps
- Heat a frying pan over medium high heat HINT: you know the pan is hot enough when you put a few drops of water in pan and it splatters
- Melt butter in the pan, if you are not using butter then just spread the oil around or spray pan with non-stick vegetable spray
- Using a small scoop and scoop about 1/4 cup of pancake mixture onto the pan spacing each pancake a few inches apart
- Cook each side of the pancake for about 2-3 minutes, the pancake bottom should be a nice golden brown and the top surface should start to bubble
- Serve with butter and maple syrup or you choice of topping! ENJOY!