- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Cheesy Scalloped Potato Stacks
- 6 Small red potatoes, Sliced with Mandolin
- 1 Small onion, Chopped
- 3 Garlic cloves, Pressed
- 1C Half & Half or regular milk
- 1/2C Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2C Shredded Mexican Cheese
- 1/2C Cabot Cheddar Cheese Shaker or shredded cheese
- 2 Slices White American Cheese
- 1/2t Nutmeg
- 1/2t Thyme
- 1/2t Pepper
- 1/2t Old Bay
- 2T Butter
- Handful Chives
- Melt butter in saute pan Add onion and garlic, stirring until tender
- Add the milk and all cheeses, stirring until cheese is melted. Add seasonings and stir to combine once more.
- Grease bottoms and sides of muffin tins with butter Lay one slice of potato in each muffin tin bottom
- Top with one spoonful of cheese mixture Layer with another potato slice and repeat Continue to repeat steps until potatoes are gone or muffin tins are full. Ending with cheese mixture on top
- Bake 375 for 40 min. If necessary, cover with tinfoil for last 10 minutes. Let sit for 5 minutes before removing from pan.
- Sprinkle extra grated Parmesan cheese & chives on op before serving.
- We also love to add some crispy bacon or ham slices to this recipe for something a little extra! Great to make the day after cooking a family ham, when you have lots of left over meat and don/t know what to do with it :)
Cabot Cheddar Cheese Shaker?
What is this you ask? Why it's HEAVEN in a shaker for sure!! THIS is really the most versatile cheese I've ever used before. We use it on popcorn, scalloped potatoes, mashed potatoes and even in meatloaf, yes...meatloaf!! Try it for yourself. It's all natural too, just like the parmesan cheese shaker we're all accustomed to, but cheddar. I promise, one you try it you'll be hooked! I have it on auto delivery 3 time a year! Shhhhh...
Cabot Cheddar Cheese Shaker
Doesn't get any better than this!
© 2018 KERRIE