- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes»
- Pies & Tarts
CONNIE'S APPLE DUMPLINGS
The All American Apple
This recipe is one of my mother's favorites. It came from another recipe that I altered to fit my particular taste. The easiness of this pie to put together was what got me started making it. I'm all for easy and simple, as you know. A young teenage girl from our home church introduced us to the main variation of the pie. I think she liked to cook but I simplified it to fit my time frame of preparation.
- 2 cans apple pie filling
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 large can biscuits
- 8 Tbs. soft margarine
- cinnamon ( to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use a 9"-13" ungreased baking dish. Open canned biscuits and separate half. Pull each individual biscuit into dumpling size pieces and layer them on the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Top the biscuits with one can pie filling.
- Repeat with the other half of the canned biscuits, sprinkling with additional cinnamon.
- Top with second can of pie filling.
- Crumble brown sugar over the pie evenly.
- Dot margarine here and there over the brown sugar.
- Place in a preheated 350 degree oven for 40 minutes.
Different fruit fillings, such as peach or pear, may be used. Whatever you might like in combination with the biscuit dumplings. Topped with vanilla ice cream, this will make pie a` la mode come alive in your taste buds. The "All American apple pie" can be made easily and can simplify your life. Eat and enjoy!