- Food and Cooking»
- World Cuisines»
- South Asian Cuisine
COTTAGE CHEESE AND PEAS CURRY (MUTTER PANEER) RECIPE
Cottage cheese and peas cooked in tomatoes and spices.
- 500 gms Cubed cottage cheese, (panner)
- 200 gms Peas
- 2 Large tomatoes
- 2 Green chillies
- 1 tsp Ginger paste
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- 1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup Water
- 2 tbsp Sunflower oil
- Chopped coriander, for garnishing
- First place tomatoes and green chilli in a food processor and grind to paste.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds stir fry for half a minute. Add tomatoes and chilli purée, ginger paste,salt, garam masala, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and coriander powder mix it well. Stir fry for 10 mins.
- Add cottage cheese and peas. Keep stirring until the water dries up and oil separates.
- Add 1/2 cup of water and cover the pan for 10 mins.
- Garnish with fresh chopped coriander and serve with hot chapptis or rice.