- Food and Cooking»
- World Cuisines»
- South Asian Cuisine
CRISPY PRAWNS IN GARLIC AND CHILLI SAUCE RECIPE
CRISPY PRAWNS IN GARLIC AND CHILLI SAUCE
Prawns cooked in hot and spicy garlic and chilli sauce.
- 1/2 kg Prawns, (medium size)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tbsp Cornflour
- 2 tbsp White flour
- 6 Garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tbsp Dark soya sauce
- 1 tsp Chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp Tomato ketchup
- a pinch of Ajinomoto
- Sunflower oil to fry
- to taste Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- A pinch of baking powder
- Spring onions, for garnishing
- Mix white flour, cornflour, salt, black pepper, baking powder and eggs in a bowl. Marinate the prawns in flour and egg mixture for 10-15 mins.
- Heat oil in frying pan and deep fry the prawns on medium heat until golden brown.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan add garlic stir fry for a minute. Add red chilli sauce, soya sauce, tomato ketchup salt and ajinomoto. Add the fried prawns and stir fry till the sauce coats the prawns.
- Garnish with fresh spring onions and serve hot.