- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
How to make very tasty Cabbage fry or cabbage poriyal South Indian Tamilnadu Style Recipe
Tasty Cabbage Fry or Poriyal
Cabbage Poriyal is a simple fry which goes well with rice as a side dish.I have give you a typical south Indian method of preparing Cabbage Poriyal. Try it and enjoy it.
- 250 gms Cabbage, (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons Refined oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Bengal Gram
- 3 teaspoons coconut, (Grated)
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Chili powder
- 2 teaspoons Coriander, (Chopped)
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/2 cup Water
Cabbage fry or cabbage poriyal recipe Instructions
- Place the pan on the flame and pour oil in it.Add mustard seeds in the oil and let them to crackle.
- Then add the Bengal gram in the oil and fry till it becomes golden brown.
- Now add the chopped cabbage in the pan and mix with the oil well.
- Add the mentioned quantity of chili powder, salt, turmeric powder and mix well.
- Pour 1/2 cup of water in the pan to boil the cabbage and close the lid.
- When the cabbage is getting fried, there could be chance that pan becomes too hot and cabbage gets deep fried.
- To avoid that, spread some drops of water on the cabbage.
- Open the lid and stir well.when the cabbage is dry and cooked well add the grated coconut, coriander leaves and stir for another 2 minutes and transfer in to a serving bowl.
- Now your Cabbage fry or poriyal is ready to serve.
- You can serve the cabbage fry along with your food as a side dish.