- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Cabbage and Carrot Salad
Cabbage and carrots are ingredients I always keep in the fridge during winter. They are a good source of fiber and very easy to whip into tasty salads or soups.
- 1/2 cabbage washed and grated
- 1 large carrot washed, peeled and grated
- 1/2 cup cilantro washed and stems removed
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cut the cabbage into very thin slices. You can use a mandeline or a food processor. Grate the carrots using the large holes on the cheese grater. Coarsely chop the cilantro leaves. Add them to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk together mayonnaise, lemon juice, honey, salt and pepper until combined. Add dressing to the bowl and mix to combine. Cover and refrigerate.