Cauliflower and Green Peas Fry
Spicy Cauliflower Green Peas Curry
Best Combinations that go with cauliflower and green peas curry.
- This curry goes best with plain white rice or any kind of flavored rice like ghee rice and jeera rice.
- This also tastes good with chapathi, roti, naan and puri.
Spicy Cauliflower Green Peas Fry
- 1 onion
- 4 green chilis
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon Channa Dal
- 1 red chili
- 300 grams cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons red chili powder
- 2 tablespoons garam masala powder
- 3 spoons canola oil
- one and a half spoon salt
- 50 grams green peas
- Cauliflower green peas curry should be cooked under medium heat.
- Cover the wok when cooking from Step 3 through Step 7.
- Mix the contents in the wok every 3 to 4 minutes to avoid the contents in the wok from sticking to the bottom of the wok.
- Add about 3 spoons of oil. After the oil warms up, add 1 tablespoon of mustard seeds, 1 tablesoon of cumin seeds and 1 tablespoon of Channa Dal in quick succession. Wait until the Channa Dal turns slightly into a darker shade of yellow. This takes about 3 minutes.
- Add red chili. Cook for about 40 seconds.
- Add the finely sliced onion and green chili in quick succession. Mix thoroughly. Add about 2 tablespoons of salt and mix thoroughly. Wait until the onions turn transparent.
- Add about a tablespoon of turmeric powder and mix thoroughly. Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add cauliflower and mix thoroughly. Cook for about 10 minutes until the cauliflower turns soft.
- Add green peas. Mix thoroughly. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add 2 tablespoons of red chili powder and 2 tablespoons of garam masala powder in quick succession. Cook for about 5 minutes.
© 2015 serenity