Cambodian Dessert: Banana Cake (Easy to Make Recipe)
Hello. Just wanted to share another Cambodian dessert recipe. Why? Well, not only because it's easy -- but Cambodian New Years is nearing and I'd like to share a pretty good cake recipe. I'm no expert in cooking, but this recipe is easy and mostly anyone can do it. So here we go!
What's you'll need...
- 2 bananas. Make sure they're ripe, peeled, and mashed.
- 2 eggs.
- 1 cup of all purpose flour.
- 11/2cups of sugar.
- 1/2 stick of butter.
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil.
- 1/4 baking powder.
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract.
What you're gonna do...
- Take a cake pan and grease it up with oil.
- Preheated the oven at 325 degrees.
- Mix the eggs with salt, butter, vanilla, sugar, and baking powder in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the banana, mix well, and add the flour. Mix it until it's smooth.
- Then you're gonna pour this mixture into the greased up pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes. However, it varies -- depending on your oven. So just make sure you check it out so you don't overcook it.
And that's it.
This banana cake can be served cold or hot. I eat it with coffee, you can eat it with whatever you want. You can also apply icing and some Cambodians pour coconut sauce on top of it -- but I just like it plain.
Have fun. =]
The Jet signing out.