Canadian Recipe: Made in Canada Cocktail (2) Cidre Pétillant Liqueur
From a forbidden fruit to symbol of health, apples have full of special places in our hearts and imagination. Newton discovered gravity because of apples. The father of of modern medicine, Hippocrates, discovered that apples aided digestion. The Romans believes that apples had curative powers. So, who can stay away from an apple for keeping health worse?
TheCantons de l'Est(Eastern Townships) is a region of Quebec with full of trees, farm land, and natures. Lovely lakeside resorts the best place for summer relaxation. Imagine what you could do in this region, taste delicious fruit and drinks, walk through lavender fields. All you need to do in Quebec can be done here.
I remember that wines produced in Quebec used to have a bad reputation when I was young. Winters are wild and summers are short. Growing fruits did not benefit this region from the same sun and heat than in California. Now, it all has been changed. The weather does not change producers from developing and growing better fruit that are more tasty and robust. Locals transform the forbidden fruit into a unique cider that you can get everywhere inCantons de l'Est.
This drink is inspired by the local transformation and gives you a relaxation in this lovely summer.
- 1oz Apple-infused Vodka
- 1oz Apply Liqueur
- 1/2 oz Lime Juice
- 3 oz Soda Water
- 1 Apple
- Fill a glass with ice.
- Add 1oz apple-infused vodka
- Add 1oz apple liqueur
- Add 1/2oz lime juice
- Add 3oz Soda water
- Stir to mix.
- Cut the apple into wedges and garnish with a wedge of apple from Quebec.
- This drink is relatively easy to make because you do not need any cocktail shaker. You simply put all the ingredients into a tall glass with ice, and you can enjoy it with your friends and family.
- I noticed putting soda water at the end is the best. Perhaps it is because lime juice has some reaction with apple liqueur (Not chemical reaction)?
- The apple liqueur makes this drink special. Most Sparkling cider in the market use apple juice only.
Things about Cantons de l'Est
- Eastern Townships (Cantons-de-l'Est) is one of the largest holiday resorts in Canada. Proud of its gorgeous and beautiful villages and their Victorian architecture, the Eastern Townships is all about theatres, art galleries, and antiques sellers.
- Driving by yourself is the best way to explore the Eastern Townships. You can tour the Brome-Missiquoi Wine Route. It is the most important birthplace of Quebec's wine industry.
- Many artists have made the region around the Brome-Missiquoi Wine Route as their home.
- The Wine Route links 16 vineyards in Brome-Missisquoi. It is famous of its beautiful countryside and mountain views.
- Lac Brome duck is the best local cuisine in this region.