- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Candied Lemon Peels/Rinds Rolled in Sugar (Simple Recipe)
Candied Lemon Peels
The Finishied Product
Have you ever wanted to make your own candied toppings to decorate your pastries or ice-cream? Wekll here it is! In this blog you will learn how to make your own candied lemon peels! They are quite simple to make, even though they take a little bit of patience. If you have that, then you have nothing to worry about. There are a couples of steps to it, but if I can do it so can you. Try them out as a decoration for your desserts, and I'm sure you will impress a lot of people.
- 2 Medium Lemons
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Water
- Using a citrus peeler, carefully peel of the rinds of the lemons.
- Put the peels in a small sauce pan, and cover with cold water.
- Boil the water on medium heat, and cook the peels for 10 minutes.
- Take out the peels with a slotted spoons, and drain the water.
- Add peels back in the sauce pan with the sugar and water.
- Let me mixture come to a boil on medium.
- Turn down the heat to low, and let the peels simmer.
- Cook for about 15 minutes or until the peels are translucent and the mixture is thick and syrupy.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Lay a piece of parchment paper underneath a cooling rack.
- Carefully pick out the peels one by one with a fork, and lay them on top of the drying rack.
- Let the peels dry to touch, then transfer them on to another piece of parchment paper.
- Sprinkle sugar on top to briefly coat the peels.
- Now you can roll the peels in sugar or form the parchment paper into a bowl and shake it to evenly coat the peels.
- Your candied lemon peels are now ready to be used as a garnish.