Capsicum Chicken Curry
Capsicum chicken curry is something I made as I was cooking. Capsicum is also usually known as peppers or bell peppers. Usually people will use capsicum in pizzas and stir frys. Have you ever used it in a curry. Chicken and capsicum go hand in hand. I can tell you it taste awesome, ok I have blabbed enough lets get cooking.
- 1 Kg Chicken, Cubed
- 1/2 Capsicum, Cubed
- 2 Tablespoons Madras Curry Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Coriander powder
- 1 Tablespoon Tumeric Powder
- 2 Tablespoon Garlic
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 1 Onion, chopped
- To Taste Salt
- In a pan heat oil add sliced onions. Sauté until golden brown in colour.
- Add garlic and chillies cook for a min. Add madras curry powder, coriander powder and tumeric cook for 2 mins.
- Add cubed chicken, salt to taste and 1/2 cup of water mix well, let it cook for 15 to 20 mins or until chicken is cooked through.
- Add capsicum and roughly chopped onions and cook for 5 more mins switch off stove and enjoy with roti or rice.
Madras curry powder is usually hot adjust your chillies accordingly.
You can also add carrots and bak choy.
There are different colors of capsicum you can use either one of them. I prefer the green ones.
when at the finishing stage cook for a little longer and the taste will blow your mind away.
© 2015 Asweeni's Kitchen