- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
This specific recipe is a mixture of 3 recipes. Flan , Cheesecake and Cream Caramel.
Ingredients for Caramel Flan
- 285ml sour cream
- Peel of one orange
- 85g sugar
- 20ml orange liqueur
- 200g cream cheese
- 4 eggs
Ingredients For Caramel Syrup
- 140g sugar
- 30ml water
- 20gr glucose syrup
- 10ml orang liqueur
Caramel FLAN CREAM instructions
- Place the sour cream and the orange peel at low heat and let the mixture boil. Remove from the heat and let the sour cream absorb the orange aroma.
- In a big bowl beat with cooking mixer the cream cheese with the sugar. Add eggs one by one and at the end empty 20ml of liqueur. Keep beating for 2 more minutes.
- Strain the sour cream from the orange peel and add it into the previous bowl and keep beating with mixer. Remove any foam with spoon.
- Pour the above mixture into baking forms on the caramel sirup we previously added in.
- We need to do bain marie method in oven, so fill the oven tray with water and place the forms. Make sure water level doesn't cover the forms. Bake caramel cream at 150C for 40 min. Once ready, let the Caramel Flan get cold for 1 hour at least.
- Once it is cooled enough, turn the forms upside down and enjoy the Flan. ( you also can place the flan on a biscuit base. The recipe is shown below).
- Add sugar, glucose syrup and water into the pot and place it on the heat.
- When the mixture stars boiling, low the heat and keep stirring. The syrup will change the color and will become thicker. Once it is thick enough remove from the heat and add liqueur. Beat the syrup for a last time with the whisk.
- Empty the syrup into small baking forms.
HOW TO MAKE BASE FOR FLAN
Biscuit base ingredients
- 250g biscuits Digestive type
- 100g salt free soft butter
Instructions to make biscuit Base for Flan
- With the help of multi-mixer make biscuit crumbs and add the soft butter, keep stirring for a few min.
- Place the mixture on the baking paper and cover it with another piece of baking paper. Pressure the biscuits well until the base is about 2cm thick. Remove the upper baking paper and cut the base at same diameter as the small baking forms we used for the flan. Once base is ready, upside down the form with prepared Flan and place in refrigeration for few hours.
Enjoy with Family and Friends
Caramel Flan Nutrition
|Serving size: 160g|
|Calories from Fat||54|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 6 g||9%|
|Saturated fat 3 g||15%|
|Carbohydrates 35 g||12%|
|Sugar 35 g|
|Fiber 0 g|
|Protein 7 g||14%|
|Cholesterol 138 mg||46%|
|Sodium 81 mg||3%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Check out my other recipes
- Armenian Bread Matnakash
Armenian recipe for traditional bread called Matnakash. It was baked for many centuries by native Armenians. Matnakash bread is easy to bake. You will be surprised how tasty and soft it will be.
- Criadillas Recipe - How to Cook Bull Testicles
The recipe of Rocky Mountain Oysters is interesting and easy to execute. The taste of dish will make you add it in favourite recipe list. Cook Bull Fries using this simple Bull Fries recipe.
- How To Remove Evil Eye - What is Evil Eye - Get Rid ...
Removing evil eye has been done for many centuries and it can be achieved via spiritual connection and prays. Evil eye is actually a type of curse that must be removed immediately to avoid problems.
- Recipe - Rose Jam - Flowers
If you like flowers and especially roses this recipe will become your favorite. It feels like preparing fragrance and not the dessert due to aroma. The taste of roses in sugar is magnifique.
- Greek Recipe: Chocolate Lenten Cake
This recipe is for people who are vegetarians, for people who are trying to lose some weight and for everyone who likes all types of chocolate cakes. NO MILK NO EGGS NO BUTTER ADDED IN THE RECIPE.