Caramel Hot Apple Cider Recipe
This is a classic drink only made better. Unlike most "apple cider," this is a perfectly friendly drink for the kids or for any occasion.
You can easily make it alcoholic with a little bit of spiced rum, or leave it alcohol free for office parties, dinner parties, a romantic drink for sitting in front of the fire, or just an after dinner treat.
Next to hot chocolate with marshmallows, or hot tea with honey, this is one of our favorite hot drinks for the colder winter days, when you need something to warm you from your head to your toes.
Being a crock pot recipe, you can keep this on low all day to infuse your home with warm caramel and cinnamon scents.
Just like the Starbucks version of the same drink, this is an easy recipe you can make from home to save yourself the money and the gas. Have one anytime you'd like!
I hope you enjoy this recipe!
- 1 (64oz) container apple cider, not apple juice
- 1 (20oz) bottle caramel flavored syrup
- 1 (12oz) tub whipped cream
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- Prepare at least a 2-quart crock pot for this recipe, if not bigger.
- Combine entire bottle of apple cider, 1/2 cup of caramel syrup, 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon, 1 teaspoon of ground cloves, and 1 cup of whipped cream in a large bowl and mix well.
- Pour entire contents of bowl into your crock pot, set on LOW and leave cooking for about 4 hours.
- This is great to get started while you're out of the house, before dinner so its ready for dessert, or even when you get up in the morning to spread smells of warmth throughout your home all day.
- When it's ready, ladle your cider into individual mugs, top with additional whipped cream and extra caramel sauce. Enjoy!
|Serving size: 1 cup|
|Calories from Fat||9|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 1 g||2%|
|Carbohydrates 10 g||3%|
|Sugar 7 g|
|Fiber 2 g||8%|
|Protein 0 g|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 44 mg||2%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
For a real treat, use this recipe to make caramel apple cider floats. Just add dulce de leche, french vanilla, cinnamon, or caramel flavored ice cream to really add to the flavor of the drink.
Obviously you'll want to really let the apple cider cool before adding ice cream. Your kids, or whomever has the treat to join you, will absolutely love you for this!
Hot or cold, everyone loves apples, caramel and cinnamon!