- Food and Cooking
Caribbean Sorrel Colada
More About This Recipe
Trying to think of new ideas for a cocktail or smoothie for your next family function, event, or just something different to do in your spare time? Try making this Caribbean Sorrel Colada. This recipe will show you how to make a different type of colada that is rarely seen and many have not tasted. This colada is made with sorrel instead of pineapple juice. Sorrel is famously known in the Caribbean in countries such as Jamaica and Grenada. Sorrel has health benefits as well as being quite refreshing on a nice, warm day. If you do not know how to make sorrel, you can view the video in how to make a sorrel drink to get you started. I promise it will have your friends, family, or whomever you are serving interested and asking for more! Enjoy the recipe and be sure to rate it.
- 1 cup Crushed Ice
- 1 ounce Cream of Cocunut, (Coco Lopez Brand)
- 1 ounce Bacardi Rum
- 2 ounces Sorrel Drink
- 1 ounce Pineapple Juice
How To Make It
- Place crushed ice into the blender. If using ice cubes, it is recommended to crush ice first so you can have a nice smooth consistency.
- Pour the remaining ingredients into the blender. If making it virgin, hold on the rum and add extra ounce of sorrel.
- Blend on high speed for about 15-20 seconds or until smooth consistency is fulfilled.
- Pour into glass and garnish with lime and cherry.