Recipe for How to Make Caribbean Style Sponge Cake: Delicious Dessert Recipe
Recipe for How To Make Caribbean Style Sponge Cake - Delicious Dessert Recipe
SPONGE CAKE - Sponge cake is a very tasty variety of cake. More specifically, I really like a Caribbean style sponge cake. I have wanted to know how to make Caribbean style sponge cake for several years now.
- There is definite merit in the Caribbean bakeries where you can just stop by for a delicious dessert cake treat such as SPONGE CAKE if you live near to the bakery and really don't have any time to bake the sponge cake for yourself.
Bakery orders - the possibilities
- It has been a long time since I last went to purchase baked goods such as sponge cake at a Caribbean bakery though. I no longer live near to a Caribbean bakery.
- Of course there are online possibilities for ordering a Caribbean style sponge cake.
- Many people will order certain types of food online especially when it is not readily available near to where they live.
- This might include food such as sponge cake from bakeries that have become very sophisticated in taking and fulfilling online cake orders over the years.
- Dry ice and Styrofoam containers are popularly used by vendors who take food orders over the internet or by phone and pack them to ship distances.
- The convenience of this is great for many people.
Baking homemade sponge cake
So far, I haven't ordered a sponge cake online. Since I enjoy cooking food as well as baking desserts, preparing the Caribbean style sponge cake recipe for myself does not seem like too much of a chore.
It is often nice to be able to prepare a type of food that I truly enjoy, at home rather than look for its availability at a particular supermarket, restaurant or bakery.
- If you are on a budget, it is also good to bake this Caribbean style sponge cake for yourself rather than pay for the sponge cake already prepared, possibly paying for the sponge cake by the slice.
- Additionally, it is not particularly time consuming to prepare this sponge cake.
- So, you can save money without spending too much time when preparing this sponge cake.
This is quite a simple recipe. Preparing this sponge cake is not too time consuming and not too much of a chore!
Caribbean style sponge cake recipe
This Caribbean style sponge cake recipe is adapted from several sponge cake recipes found on the internet.
After the several years of wanting to know how to make this particular type of cake, sponge cake, I have finally taken the time to find out about some suggestions through looking at the various sponge cake recipes online.
The main sponge cake recipe that I decided to follow called for a dozen eggs but I have used just eight eggs in my own sponge cake, for example.
Here are the basic steps that I followed to achieve a great sponge cake taste that is authentic as you would find in the Caribbean twin island country of Trinidad and Tobago.
1. Ingredients for Caribbean style sponge cake
This is what you will need to prepare the Caribbean style sponge cake.:
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup of flour
- 2 cups of white sugar
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
The ingredients list for this sponge cake is quite simple.
2. Instructions for how to make this Caribbean style sponge cake - for example, separate the eggs
Here are the steps to follow for baking this sponge cake.:
1. Take two bowls and break each of the 8 eggs, separating them. Put the egg whites in one of the bowls and put the egg yolks in the other.
2. To the bowl with the egg whites, add the sugar and mix well until creamed.
3. Mix the flour, vegetable oil and baking powder in a third bowl. Add the egg yolks (beaten) and blend all with an electric mixer. Slowly stir in the creamed egg white and sugar mixture. Continue to beat with the hand mixer until smooth.
4. Pour the Caribbean style sponge cake batter into a greased and floured round cake pan.
5. Bake the sponge cake at 350 degrees in a preheated oven for 1 hour.
6. Cool, serve and enjoy your Caribbean style sponge cake!
The sponge cake needs to be baked in an oven at 350 degrees for one hour.
Allow the sponge cake to cool, then serve and enjoy!
CARIBBEAN STYLE SPONGE CAKE
Please rate this recipe
1. Trini Sponge Cake Recipe
2. Sponge Cake | Simply Local
3. Trinidad Sponge Cake
© 2011 Nyesha Pagnou MPH