- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Pork Recipes
Pulled Pork Roast Recipe
This dish apply called Boston Butt or more commonly known as Carolina style pulled pork is delicious, not hard to make, and can be shared at a dinner,lunch or for brunch.
It is heavy so far as the calories but if consumed moderately it can be enjoyed by almost anyone who loves pork " the other white meat"
This cut of pork actually comes from the pork's shoulder region and it is specially adept to make for a home style BBQ.
It is usually cooked slowly as this produces the most tenderness in the meat and preserves most of the flavors.
- 3 pounds pork shoulder Boston butt cut), boneless
- 1 teaspoon garlic herb seasoning
- 8 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons mustard, Dijon is best
- 2 cups barbecue sauce
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees or so. Season the pork with the garlic herb seasoning. Make sure to prick the pork and stuff garlic cloves in the openings. Rub the pork with the mustard and place in the baking pan. Cover with cover or aluminum foil.
- Bake the dish for about 3 hours or until the meat pulls easily apart. A fork is best for this. Remove from the heat and shred the meat. Afterwards add the barbecue sauce and mix well into the meat once it has cooled enough to be handled with your bare hands.
|Serving size: 1/6 size|
|Calories from Fat||54|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 6 g||9%|
|Carbohydrates 24 g||8%|
|Fiber 0 g|
|Protein 21 g||42%|
|Cholesterol 65 mg||22%|
|Sodium 810 mg||34%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Additional cooking methods; grill on direct heat about 7 minutes. Baste in the barbecue sauce and wrap in aluminum foil. Grill for an additional 2 hours or until the meat is tender.
Boiling; Cut meat into squares or bite size portions. Fill a stock pot with about 4 quarts of water. Place the meat, 2 bay leaves, 2 tablespoons cumin, 1 onion that has been quartered and 3 cut or smashed garlic cloves.
Bring to a boil and then reduce to about medium heat.
Cook the entire mix for about 45 minutes or until the meat feels tender and shreds easily. Again a fork is best for this.
Dish is best served along side roasted or baked apples, peaches, pineapples or sweet potatoes. This balances the tangy flavor of the sauce and the garlic. French bread and a red wine are always appropriate.
Great as the main dish and better if used as a sandwich filling along with some slices of avocado or even baked mango.
- Smoked Pork Butt Recipe - Allrecipes.com
We love pulled BBQ pork sandwiches at our house, so we make this every few weeks. The pork just shreds apart after its done, and the smoky flavor is incredible. It's best to brine the meat overnight to help it retain moisture during smoking, but it's
- Pulled Pork Recipes
Discover delicious and easy to prepare pulled pork recipes from the expert chefs at Food Network.
© 2013 Luis E Gonzalez