How to Make Carnival Style Funnel Cakes At Home! (Recipe)
FUNNEL CAKE!! OM NOM NOM!Click thumbnail to view full-size
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 6 min
Ready in: 16 min
Yields: 4 or 5 Very Large FUNnel Cakes
- in a skillet (kind of deep, but not sauce pan deep) heat about 2 cups of cooking oil (type is not important :canola or vegetable) on medium high heat until hot. (A good test is to drop a pinch of flour if it sizzles without smoke the oil is ready)
- Beat egg and milk ( not too hard, they don't like it) Mix remaining ingredients in separate bowl, slowly adding the egg mixture. Beat until smooth. (use a mixer if you must, but by hand is so much more fun)
- Using a funnel (or a gallon size ziploc with a corner cut off) drop mixture into hot oil in a spiral starting at the center and working your way out. Make sure to overlap some of the mix to ensure it comes out as one piece.
- fry for 2-3 minutes, flipping one time,when the bottom has become golden brown.
- Remove from oil ( I like to use a metal slotted spoon to reduce the amount of oil) place on plate and sprinkle with powder sugar.
- Serve and enjoy!
Carmel and chocalate sauces (syrup) make good toppings, feel free to
- 1 egg, raw
- 2/3 Cup Milk, 2% or Higher
- 2 TBSP Sugar
- 1 1/4 Cup Flour, all-purpose or cake flour
- 1/4 tsp Salt, or Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- Powdered Sugar, (confectioner's sugar)
If you are worried about nutrition do not make this recipe!
|Serving size: 1 Cake |
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change
depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been
professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|