Light Soup with Carrots, Celery, and Beets Go Well Together
This soup will not be like your typical soup that you might be used. It will not be a thick creamy soup. Instead it will be a very thin and light soup.
All that is required is some carrots, a few stalks of celery, and one or two beets depending on their size. And water.
Ideally you would like to get the vegetables as organic ones. But if not, no problem. In either case, make sure you wash them carefully.
1. Let's start with the carrots. One or two carrots are fine. Discard the leafy top. Typically you would want to peel off their skins. But if they are organic carrots, then you can leave the skin on after washing them if you like. Cut them into one inch pieces.
2. For the celery, cut two to three stalks into one inch pieces. If they are smaller or larger that's fine too. It is of no concern.
3. For the beets, discard the leafy top. Peel off their skins. And chop them into four medium-sized pieces. Although you can chop them into smaller pieces if you like, that's fine. Anything is reasonable.
4. Put the carrots, celery, and beets into a large pot of water. Maybe like three or four quarts of water. Yes, that is a lot of water. That is why it is going to be a very light and thin soup. It will be almost like drinking water, but very tasty water.
The amount of water can be varied to your preference. You can put very little water or a lot of water depending on how strong you want the taste.
5. Boil the water until the water boils and turns red from the beets. You want the carrots and beets become soft.
That it, it is done. No need to add salt. No need to add sugar. And no need to add cream. The beets already gives it a slightly sweet taste naturally.
This soup can be drink hot or cold. You can put this soup in the refrigerator for storage. If you want to drink it hot, perhaps on a cold day, then you can reheat it. On a hot day, it will be very refreshing drinking it cold as it is.
Can not go wrong
With this recipe, there is very little that can go wrong. The only requirement is that you wash your vegetables. Other than that, almost any variation will work.
You can add a little more or a little less carrots. Similarly, little more or little less celery will still work. And any reasonable number of beets will do.
They can be cut up into however small or however large pieces you like. You can even not cut them if you want.
You can add as little or as much water as you like. And you can boil it for any reasonable amount of time.
carrots celery and beets juice
You can even do it without any water. If you decide to put no water, then instead of putting all the ingredients into a large pot, put them into a juicer. And you do not need to boil them. What you will end up coming out of your juicer is carrot celery beet juice as described in the YouTube video linked here. Just drink it as is.
In fact, The UltraMind Solution mentions juicing with this exact combination of carrots, celery, and beets where it says ...
"Try juicing your own carrots, celery, and beets instead, or other fruits and vegetable combinations." [on page 293]
The combination of the flavors of carrots, celery, and beets goes well together. As you will find that there are other recipes that use that carrots, celery, and beets combination either in juice or in soups. The beets give it a slightly sweet taste to it.
Carrots, Celery, and Beets go well together
The combination of the flavors of carrots, celery, and beets goes well together. As there are other recipes that use that carrots, celery, and beets combination either in juice or in soups.
The UltraMind Solution mentions juicing with this exact combination on page 293 where it says ...
"Try juicing your own carrots, celery, and beets instead, or other fruits and vegetable combinations."
Carrots, Celery, and Beets Healthy
Not only is the soup or juice tasty. It is also very nutritious.
Carrots have beta-carotene that are good for your eyes and other antioxidant compounds. They have incredible amounts of vitamin A.
Celery has a lot of vitamin K. Celery may help reduce blood pressure.
Beets have lot of folate. Beets have a lot of phytonutrients that are anti-inflammatory. Beets supports your body's detoxification process. They have antioxidant carotenoids called lutein and zeaxanthin, which are also good for eye health.
And all three has good amounts of vitamin C.