- Food and Cooking»
- Cooking Ingredients»
- Vegetable Ingredients
Carrot and Pineapple Zucchini bread or muffins
These are the very definition of healthy snacks! They combine fruits and vegetables with a child's favorite food, bread. These muffins contain no oil, milk, or butter and only two eggs. Natural flavors like vanilla and cinnamon add to this bread's earthy flavor. The dense, cake-like bread will give you a satisfying breakfast or snack on the go.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup carrot puree, Boil carrots to soft and puree
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 oz. crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1- 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- In a large bowl, mix flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- In another bowl (stand mixer bowl if using stand mixer,) mix together carrot puree, eggs, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Add zucchini and crushed pineapple and continue blending.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients.
- Once combined (do not over mix,) pour batter into greased loaf or muffin pan. Bake at 350 degrees for about an hour.