- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Casava Cake: Sweet and Delicious!
What Is Casava?
For those who are possibly unsure about this dessert, Casava is a root that is grown all over the world. When it is dried and becomes starchy, it is known as Tapioca. This particular dish comes from the Philippines and is a very popular dessert there. It is extremely easy to make and tastes really delicious!
- Two Bags Grated Casava
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Stick Butter
- 1 Can Coconut Milk
- 1 Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Shredded Coconut
- Mix everything together EXCEPT the sweetened condensed milk.
- Pour into a baking dish/pan.
- Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until firm.
- Pour 1/2 can sweetened condensed milk on top of the cake and spread evenly. This will become the top layer.
- Cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- *Optional*: Pour more or less of the sweetened condensed milk depending on how thick you want the top layer of sweetness.