Cassava Bread As The Best Option For An Early Morning Breakfast
He who has two cakes of bread, let him dispose of one of them for some flowers of the narcissus; for bread is the food of the body, and the narcissus is the food of the soul. - Galen
My Recipe For Cassava Bread
- 525g of Cassava flour
- 440g of Mozzarella
- 226g of Butter
- 4 Large size of eggs
- 5 tablespoon/ 1 glass of milk
- 2 tablespoon of baking powder
- Sugar (Optional)
- Vanilla flavour
You can use 800g of Local cheese (Wara) in place of Mozzarella if you can't get the Mozzarella (Imported cheese). But normally, Mozzarella are always available at grocery store and supermarkets.
Below is a picture of my recipe in respective order:
Preparation of Cassava Bread
How I prepare my crunchy cassava bread
- I poured the Cassava flour in a clean dry bowl. I added Some teaspoon of salt to the dry flour, I also added the Vanilla flavour (powder) to it
- I added two tablespoon of baking powder to the cassava flour in the same bowl. (If you need a taste of sugar, add little pinch to it but it is optional) but I don't usually use sugar for my cassava bread because cassava bread doesn't require sugar
- I poured the milk in a clean and separate bowl. I broke the eggs into the milk and then mix together until it has blended homogeneously
- Pour the mixture in the powdered cassava flour and mix together evenly
- The butter and Mozzarella were mixed in a clean bowl, stirred continuously until a homogeneous paste is formed. Then, I added the paste to the Cassava flour and knead together until a fine and smooth dough is achieved.
Don't forget, In case of scarcity of Mozzarella, Local cheese can be used as a substitute but twice the original measurement of Mozzarella.
- I Knead my cassava dough and cut into small sizes. I rolled the cut-out dough into balls and arrange on a baking tray. (The baking tray must be rubbed with oil or butter to avoid the bread from sticking to the surface of the tray)
- The bread roll was washed slightly with egg to give it an appealing and shining appearance.
- My oven was preheated at 120°f for 10minutes. I placed the baking tray in the oven and heat at 105°f for 30 minutes or until a golden brown color is achieved.
You can serve your bread with Yoghurt, wine, fruit juice or Jam depending on your choice of taste. Ordinarily, cheese bread is tasty as it gets, since they are so flavorful due to the cheese and the tapioca flour. However, I like serving my cassava bread with Yoghurt and jam.
I hope you enjoy this new recipe. Don't stay long before trying it out. if you want Question, I'll answer in the comments section
© 2020 Creative Writer